Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Quick Windows XP virus Spyware Torubleshooting/Recovery



First of all I would like to let you know that I am not good with good words। So you have understanding with what I am trying explain here.

All of my post may includes the follow topic:

cheap hosting, cheap web hosting, dll, dns, domain, domain name, domain name hosting, domain name, registration, download windows xp, error loading, find ip address, hosting, hosting domain, installing xp, ip address, linux, linux server, my ip, my ip address, pc doctor, php, registry cleaner, registry cleaners, tweaks, unix, unix commands, web host, web hosting, web hosting free, web server, web site design, web site hosting, website hosting, windows, windows 2000, windows xp, windows xp pro, windows xp software, windows xp, sp3, xp recovery



I have never used any any anti virus in my pc, not because I don't get virus or spyware. Basically I am not a windows person even I am Windows Certified professional and I have no idea how did I passed the exam and I am surprised that my first Blog starting with windows.

When my PC gets effected the common things I find is unexpected pop up windows and and some unwanted network connection to remote host. Now here I would like to share with you what I do in order to troubleshoot them.


Here are the few things you would check firsts.

ProStores 1 Month Free Trial


  • Look for unknown process running from Task Manager (ALT + CTRL). Most likly you would get an error killing the virus/worm/spyware process. If that is the case then write down the file name and locate it using windows search.
  • Check the any suspecious application running from System Configuation Utility, Services tab (Start > Run > type "msconfig" > click on Services)
  • Browse to System Root Directory (WINDOWS) > System32 and sort/arrange all icons by modified. Look for the most recenty created and check their identity by Right Click on the files > Properties
  • Check windows services (Start > Settings > Control Pannel > Administrative Tools > Services) and look for any abnormal or unexpected services, double check by right click then properties. Most services should give you their descriptions if not then you should suspect that.

Now its time for you compare and cross check references. Once you are able to identify the file then its time for you to delete them. If you get and error deleting those files then do one or more the following to delete them:
  • If file is related to on of the services then stop or disable the service
  • Reboot your PC in safe mode
  • Reboot you PC in with command promt mode only
I hope that helps else feel free to let me know. Thanks.

If it was helpful to you, any amount of your donation is welcome. Thank you once again.




1 comment:

  1. Windows XP problems can be resolved after deleting the viruses or spyware from the PC.

    ReplyDelete